We spend a lot of time talking about inspiration and about real, authentic travel experiences. So, in line with our new theme of travel more, we want to know:
Where’s your most inspirational place?
- Is there a secluded beach where the waves washing in bring clarity of thought?
- Have you been to a travel destination that allowed a new level of reflection and insight?
- Know of the best experience to inspire and enthuse and finally ready to share it?
Tell us and Win!
We’ve got some great prizes lined up for those of you with the best story about your inspirational place:
Top 4 Most Inspiring Places
- For the four entries that best describe the world’s most inspirational place, we’ll be awarding each winner one copy of their choice of an Odyssey travel guide. Given Odyssey Guides cover some of the world’s most off-
- beat destinations and really inspiring places, Odyssey is the perfect award for the inspired traveller. They’re one of my favourite guides and so we’re pleased to have their support in this contest.
Most Inspiring Photograph
- For the submission with the most inspirational photograph, we’ll be awarding a free one-year subscription to the awesome Indie Travel Podcast Magazine. The ITP Mag is full of killer photography, so it suits to award the submitter with the best eye for travel photographs a copy of this great print publication.
Don’t forget – photographs submitted must have the creative commons attribute appropriately set so that we can display them here with attribution.
Who Decides the Winners?
To choose the best photograph and the four best entries, we’ve enlisted a few well-travelled souls to ensure a balanced scoring of the submissions. Our judges:
- Alex Fayle: he’s one of the new STE lifestyle columnists so he knows the value in finding inspiration on the road. Alex says not only to travel more but to live more.
- Craig Martin: Craig is half of the duo behind the award-winning Indie Travel Podcast as well as the brains behind the ITP Magazine. Craig’s based in New Zealand, surely to be a popular entry in our contest.
- Karen Bryan: Karen runs the popular online travel magazine Europe A La Carte but she’s seen many inspirational places in her travels, not just in Europe.
- Andy Hayes: you didn’t think I’d let the others have all the fun, did you?
Contest Rules – The Legal Bit
Sorry but every contest has to have them, right? In order to enter this contest you must agree to the following:
- Only one entry per individual is allowed. Multiple submissions will be disqualified in their entirety.
- All entries must provide the required submission details, including a valid email address to obtain contact details from the winner.
- The winners chosen by the judges panel is final. Submitters will have no route to contest decisions.
- Submitters agree to allow Sharing Travel Experiences to use their submitted text on the website as promotional materials. We want to share your experiences back with the community! Photo submissions must also be given creative commons sharing license via Flickr.
- Submissions close on November 15th at Midnight GMT. Submissions received after this date will not be accepted.
Whew. Ok, aren’t we all glad that’s out of the way?
How To Enter
Entering is easy 1-2-3:
1. Add your inspirational place to our contest submission form. It’s a short form and fairly self-explanatory. (The link opens in a new window). Submissions added to the comments below don’t count although feel free to leave a comment!
We ask that you add the photo for your entry to our Flickr photo group. If you’re new to Flickr, it’s a photo sharing website that’s super-easy to use.
3. Tell your friends! There’s room for plenty of folk, so please feel free to tell your friends & followers on Twitter and Facebook about this contest.
Remember: Submissions close November 15th at Midnight GMT.
That’s just two weeks away!
We look forward to your submissions. Meanwhile, let’s thank our sponsors, Indie Travel Podcast and Odyssey Publications:
Photo by Hamed Saber, logo images courtesy of their respective brands.